Search Engine Optimization (SEO) helps your website to perform well in search engines. It also makes your website user-friendly. If your website is based on WordPress, a content management system (CMS), then the Yoast SEO plugin works as your website’s best friend. You should know how to use Yoast SEO to boost your website’s overall performance.
About Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is one of the best SEO plugins in WordPress. This plugin was introduced in Year 2008. This plugin is available in free as well as a premium version. The premium version comes with plenty of additional optimization features. You can search for Yoast SEO under the ‘Add Plugins’ section within your ‘Plugin’ menu option in WordPress.
As can be seen here this plugin has more than 5 Million active installations with 5-star reviews. So this itself proves how trustworthy Yoast SEO is. Let’s see which features are included in its Free and Premium versions.
Free Version Features and Usage
The free version of Yoast SEO comes with all the SEO and Readability analysis. This also includes Schema Markup implementation and some other important SEO implementations.
- 1 focus keyword or key phrase option where you should add the main keyword which you want to target in your webpage.
- It shows Google preview in mobile and desktop search results. This is really helpful as you can update how your webpage should be shown in search results.
- Checks that the focused keyphrase is available in the introduction, title, and meta description.
- Highlights the keyphrase length and density in the body content.
- Shows Title and Meta description length so that you can update if needed.
- Keyphrase in slug which is the URL name that helps to identify what the page is about.
- Intimates about the image alt attribute implemented as per focused keyphrase or not.
- Confirms about your webpage’s subheadings are relevant or not based on the keyphrase.
- Highlights about the transition words used in your content or not
- As the transition words like ‘and’, ‘but’ and ‘so’ help to enhance the readability of your content.
- Shows Flesch reading ease score which includes the length of your sentences in the webpage.
- Confirms about the active voice used or not as it makes the standard structure of sentences you create.
- Consecutive sentences check a variety of sentences used in your content or not.
- Subheading distribution check assesses whether you’ve used enough subheadings in your content.
- Paragraph length checks to confirm that you have added shorter paragraphs as recommended.
- Warns about the sentence length which should also be no longer than 20 words. This makes your content easy to understand.
- The free version of Yoast SEO automatically describes your pages using schema.org. This makes our content easy to understand by search engines.
Other Free SEO Implementations
- An automated XML sitemap is available in the free version which you can see within the General > Features tab under the Yoast SEO plugin.
- Robots.txt file can also be created easily which you can manage under the Tools > File Editor option within this plugin. It’s a good practice to add your XML sitemap link in your website’s Robots.txt file for better crawling and indexing by search engine crawlers.
- Canonical URLs are added automatically in the source code of your website pages.
- Webmaster tools can also be verified with a free version which can be done under the General > Webmaster Tools tab in this plugin.
- Open Graph metadata and Twitter card metadata can easily be enabled within the Social section of this plugin.
- Title separator and Breadcrumbs can be added from the Search Appearance > Breadcrumbs tab in this plugin.
Premium Version Features and Usage
The premium version of the Yoast SEO plugin adds up plenty of optimization features that make your website more search engine and user-friendly.
- Multiple key phrases optimization by adding synonyms and related key phrases to write completely natural content.
- You can also get a clear overview of your focus keywords and SEO scores.
- Internal linking suggestions to other web pages on your website while you write the content.
- Redirect manager to easily redirect your old webpages to the new corresponding webpages.
- 1-year free access to 24/7 email support from Yoast’s knowledgeable support team.
- Full integration of Yoast SEO plugin with the Elementor page builder.
- Gives access to all the SEO training courses from Yoast SEO academy to boost your SEO knowledge and skills.
- No outdated content as this plugin keeps an eye on your most important pages and intimates when these haven’t been updated for six months.
- Premium version can easily send out your published posts to any of its 2000+ destinations.
- You can also see Facebook and Twitter previews of your webpage in addition to Google preview.
You don’t need to worry about your website’s on-page SEO, technical SEO, off-page SEO, website crawling, and ranking in search engines if you are using Yoast SEO for your website. All the features provided by free and premium versions help you to do complete Search Engine Optimization of your website. So all the best with your Yoast SEO experience in the future.
You can share your experience if you use this Yoast SEO plugin in the comments section. This can help its existing and prospective users to know more about this SEO plugin.