In today’s digital world, the majority of online experiences or searches start from search engines. As per 99firms stats around 93% of all web traffic comes through search engines. So all the online brands either B2C or B2B know why search engines are important for their business as the majority of their prospective and existing customers come from search engines.
With SEO your website can get more real estate in search engines organic results which further helps in more brand awareness and engagement. About 64% of marketers actively invest time in search engine optimization (SEO) as per HubSpot marketing statistics. So SEO is important for your business either small, medium or large.
Lets Know What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a process of making a website both search engine and user friendly as to rank it well in top search engine result pages (SERPs) and bring organic traffic to the website. Moz defines SEO perfectly.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.By Moz
Reasons SEO is important for All Businesses
So now let’s go through various reasons for which you should consider SEO for your business website.
1. Google a Leading Search Engine
Google is the leading search engine in the online world. So maximum searches for anything are done on this search engine itself. Google has 92.26% of the search engine market share worldwide as per Renderforest. SEO helps in ranking well in organic search results within Google and other search engines. So it is important to do SEO of your business website to stay on top of search engines and bring more searchers to your website.
2. SEO is Cost effective and Long Term
SEO is one of the most cost-effective digital marketing investments as it brings targeted organic traffic from search engines for a long time. Whereas in PPC, also known as SEM, ads are shown only for the paid duration in the paid ad section.
3. Makes Website Search Engines Friendly
Making a website search engine friendly is possible only by implementing SEO on a website from both on-page and technical perspectives:
- On-page SEO is making changes to your actual web pages like meta tags, canonical tags, heading tags, both internal/external linking, and content optimization.
- Technical SEO is doing regular checks of website health like rectifying crawling and indexing issues in Google Search Central, maintaining robots.txt for crawl control of the website, and keeping XML & HTML sitemaps updated.
4. Improves Website User Experience
SEO can help in improving the user experience of your website. There may be several ways in SEO to make your website user friendly:
- Add easy to use navigation options within the website like:
- Always add the Header main menu bar with all relevant categories and subcategories pages within the website.
- Breadcrumbs on all internal pages to show the exact location of the opened page from the “Home” page.
- HTML sitemap for easy access of all important website pages and clearly shows the hierarchy of pages to users.
- Use heading and sub-headings to make body content easy to understand for users and search engines.
- Make your website responsive as to keep it easily usable by users from desktop, mobile, or any other device.
5. Boosts Brand’s Authority and Credibility
Creating informative and valuable content on your website helps to rank well in search engines. Which further builds trust and credibility with potential as well as existing customers who want to use or are already using your products or services.
6. Improves Page Load Speed
Search Engine Optimization helps to improve the page load speed of your website by leveraging the Page Speed Insights tool from Google for both desktop and mobile platforms. This further helps in reducing the bounce rate of your website. It’s good if your website can load within 3 seconds as recommended by Google.
7. Enhance Brand’s Online Engagement
By leveraging SEO strategies websites can rank for their targeted keywords in top organic search engine results on the first page. So this way more searchers can access a website through organic search engine results which further increase brand engagement rate.
8. Stay Ahead of Competitors
As on search engines, we can see plenty of websites compete to rank on top for most relevant and related keywords as per each niche. But websites that are properly optimized using Search Engine Optimization are used to rank in top positions in SERPs. So this too makes SEO important for businesses.
Search Engine Optimization can provide more and longer visibility for your website in search engines with lesser cost as compared to other digital marketing techniques. Implement both On-Page SEO and Technical SEO on your website for good results, and doing off-page SEO can help further in promoting your website in various ways.
So every brand, small or big, should leverage SEO for their websites to get more organic traffic, brand awareness, user experience and accomplish other business goals.